If you learn fast and are interested in developing in an administrative role that will develop your analytical and communication skills, then the role is just for you!
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
In your first three months:
- youll learn how we manage benefits systems for clients
- youll get to know our team of benefits experts in different countries
- youll become familiar with some tools that we use to offer and track employee benefits
What youll do once youre fully trained:
- support our clients by administering their employee benefits
- ensuring that benefit deductions in payroll and provider files are accurate
- identifying discrepancies and highlighting errors on produced files
- participating in system testing during Internal Acceptance Testing and supporting User Acceptance Testing (performed by the clients)
- use your problem-solving and communication skills as you cooperate with other teams to manage issues
- help to set up and test new online platforms to meet specific clients needs
One of the biggest corporations at the local market with the most complex benefits’ scheme for our clients, managed by experienced specialists who create unique atmosphere.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- up to 6 months of experience in a similar role would be useful, but were much more interested in how quickly you can learn new skills
- good English – at least B2+ (on the CEFR scale) because youll be using English every day
- good excel skills – at least at an intermediate level because its a key working tool for this role
- attention to detail - you need to be able to keep track of lots of data and enjoy working at a fast pace
- a bachelors or masters degree in economics, finance or maths is a plus, but is not crucial